Nigerian Business Visa Requirements for US Citizens:
A valid passport and Nigerian business visa are required for travel to Nigeria.
1. Passport Requirements:
Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Nigeria, with at least one blank visa page available for Nigerian visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Nigeria visas.
One visa application form per applicant, plus one copy. The Embassy of Nigeria has introduced a web-based visa application form and payment procedure. The Nigerian visa application form must be submitted and paid for online. Please print two copies of the completed form.
– Be sure to select the correct Consulate, and send your documents to the location you have selected on the visa application form.
– Be sure to print the Google payment receipt for credit card payments and include with your application. If payment is made by mailing a money order, the confirmation of payment must be included with the application. The visa application cannot be processed without proof of direct payment.
– The Consulate of Nigeria charges a processing fee, which is the fee you will see on your Global Service Order Form.
3. Photo Requirements:
Two recent, identical, 2 x 2 passport photographs, in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
OR – you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
4. Letter Of Invitation from Nigeria:
A signed letter of invitation from sponsor (either host company or individual) in Nigeria explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Nigeria. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, and contact information, and must include the statement “We hereby accept full immigration responsibilities”.
Atlanta and New York:
– If the host is a Nigerian citizen, a copy of hosts passport must be submitted.
– If host is a resident in Nigeria, copies of host’s resident permits and the information page of their passports.
5. Business Letter:
Letter from employer or sponsoring company, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company, and clearly stating the purpose of visit to Nigeria. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant and must provide detailed contact information in Nigeria.
To generate a Nigerian Business Cover Letter on-line, fill out this Business Letter Form and print the completed letter on your company letterhead.
6. Proof Of Departure:
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or travel agency or copy of airline tickets.
7. Hotel Confirmation:
Copy of confirmed hotel reservation(s). If staying in various hotels, please provide copies of each reservation.
8. Medical Requirements:
International certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever.
Processing Times and Fees:
Standard: 7 business days $35
Rush: 3 Business days $65
Note: This is a fee paid online to the NIS (NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SRVICE) and is apart from the processing fee paid to the Consulate.
Must include payment receipt: To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://nigeria.visahq.com/?a_aid=vaff3661 enter your application, type reference No. and ID and click SEARCH RECORD to pull out your Payment Confirmation receipt
Consulate General of Nigeria
828 Second Avenue,
New York, NY 10017