Read this page to learn about a Vietnam Tourist Visa.
Table of Contents
Vietnamese Tourist Visa Requirements for US Citizens
Important to realize, you must have a valid passport and Vietnamese tourist visa for travel to Vietnam.
1. Passport Requirements
You’ll need to have a signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Vietnam, with at least 1 blank visa page available for Vietnamese visa stamp. Moreover, amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Vietnam visas.
You’ll need to complete and sign two (2) original Vietnam visa application forms, plus another copy. If you improperly complete your Vietnamese Visa Application, you may experience a delay in the processing of your tourist visa. For information on how to get a Vietnam Tourist Visa quickly, see Expedited Passport Service.
3. Photo Requirements
Two (2) recent and identical, 2 x 2 passport type photographs, in color, front view with a plain and light background.
Processing Time & Consulate Fees
5 Business Days
- Single Entry: 1-month: $95 | 3-month: $125 | 6-month: $185
- Multiple Entry: 1-month: $145 | 3-month: $175 | 6-month: $245
Visa fees must be in the form of MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER’S CHECK, or CERTIFIED CHECK payable to “THE EMBASSY OF VIETNAM.”
- Location: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 428, New York, NY 10017
- Phone: 1-212-644-0594 or 1-212-644-2535 or 1-212-644-0831
- Fax: 1-212-644-5732
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnam Tourist Visa at Airport
Generally, the most popular type of visa for Vietnam is a tourist visa which is valid for 15-30 days. You can extend a tourist visa once you arrive in Vietnam.
Notably, a tourist visa is good for TOURISM purposes only.
Procedures: Notably, to apply for a tourist visa online and pick up your visa at Vietnam airports, you must provide the following information:
- Firstly, provide your full name on passport: it is your full name appears on your passport, name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first.
- Write in your date of birth: in Vietnam. Please keep in mind, the date format will be DD/MM/YYYY.
- Provide your nationality: the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (UK, US or Australian).
- Your write in your passport number: as shown on your passport. Also, it should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
- Lastly, include your date of arrival: it is not necessarily exact, you can fill in with proposed date of arrival, however, please be advised that you can just enter Vietnam later not earlier.Photos: photos are required at Vietnam airport only.
Lastly, if you have any further questions about a Vietnam Tourist Visa or expedited passport services, please feel free to get in touch with us.