This page will give you the information needed for the minor documents for a visa application to India.


How to Apply for an Expedited Rush Tourist Visa to India

At this time, we are only expediting visas for U.S. passport holders in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. If you need a visa for India fast and you are in the aforementioned states, please read on. The expedited visa is processed in 3-5 business days and the expedited fee is $150 plus the fee for the Indian Visa.


Minor’s Documents:

Parental Authorization Form for Expedited Rush Visa for Minor to India: Fill the Parental Authorization Form for Minors and enclose the print out

  1. Minor’s birth certificate copy or any government issued document which shows parents name, date of birth and nationality. Certain restrictions apply, please see bullet points below.
    1. US Citizen: Only birth certificates are accepted for minor applicants born in the US.
    2. Born Abroad certificate: If the applicant is born abroad as a United States citizen, a copy of the Born Abroad certificate issued by the state department must be presented with application.
    3. Indian Born: Those born in India can use their birth certificate, old Indian passport or school leaving certificate.
    4. All Others Citizens: The minor applicant not born in the US or India should submit a birth certificate or any government document from the country of origin that has parents name, date of birth and nationality. The documents must be translated into English and notarized.
  2. Children above 5 years of age must print their name in the signature box under their photograph on the first page of application.Note: If the minor above the age of 5 cannot sign or print his/her name due to medical reasons, a thumb print must be placed in the signature box. Applications without the minor’s thumbprint or printed name in the signature box will not be accepted. A Parent cannot sign in the signature box below the picture for their child.
    Signature (Children below 5 years):

    1. For children who are too young to sign their own name, a thumb impression should be made in the boxes- on Page 1 under the Picture.
    2. Parents should sign on the 2nd page of the application and it must be notarized. The notary is mandatory.
    3. Father must sign under the Declaration section on top of Page.
    4. Minor children who are old enough to write their own names should sign instead of using a thumb impression.
    5. DO NOT use a thumb impression and sign in the same box. All thumbprints should be in black or blue ink.

    Example of signature box:

  3. A copy of the vital page(s) containing the picture and signature page of both parents signed passports must be submitted with a minor’s application(Passport has to be valid. Copies of expired passports will not be accepted).
    Example of vital page(s):
  4. Visa applications for minors should contain both parent’s signatures, on the 2nd page only and this form needs to be notarized. Both parents need to be present while notarizing the document. Minors do not sign the 2nd page of the application.Applications without both parent’s signatures and notary stamp and seal will not be accepted.
    Note: If you are a single parent, a copy of court document(s) proving you have legal and physical custody of the child must be submitted with the child’s application.
  5. In case of a single parent applying visa for his / her child, the following is required apart from the usual documentation:
    1. Birth certificate of child, stating both parents name.
    2. If the birth certificate mentions both parents name then, each parent’s photo ID and signature is required.
    3. If the birth certificate mentions single parent’s name then only single parent’s photo ID and signature is required.
    4. If both parents are named on the birth certificate and are legally separated, then proof of legal separation is required. Additionally, the single parent has to obtain a court order from USA stating that the parent is authorized to take the child to India and mentioning the duration of visit. This is a mandatory requirement if only one parent is signing on the form. The child would be granted visa for the duration mentioned in the court order.ANDEven if the biological parents are legally separated if both the biological parents sign the minor’s application as consent for his travel to India, and also submit their signed photo IDs, visa can be issued to the minor. Step parents are not accepted as legal guardians. If they are to be accepted then a fresh birth certificate is required which mentions the new legal guardians name.
    5. In case of adopted children, a legal guardian certificate is required.
    6. If one of the parents is deceased, then the decease certificate is required.
Facebook Comments