See info for Washington Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
- 1 Washington D.C. Passport Agency
Washington D.C. Passport Agency
Washington Passport Agency
600 19th Street, N.W.
First Floor, Sidewalk Level
Washington, DC 20006
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about Washington D.C. Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Washington Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at the Washington Passport Agency.
- Moreover, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
Importantly, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
Otherwise, contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more assistance.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, you can get your passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the Washington Passport Agency. Otherwise, it’ll arrive within 8 days with confirmed travel plans. If you cannot get an appointment or need a passport quicker, contact a passport expediting courier service.
However, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, make an appointment at the Washington Passport Agency. In addition, bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From Route 50 (points east of Washington, DC):
At first, take US Route 50 West. It will turn into New York Avenue. After taking the exit for Interstate I-395 South, take the Maine Ave. exit, merge onto Maine Ave Southwest for approximately 1 minute. Then, continue onto Independence Ave Southwest, then make a slight right onto 17th St. Southwest, continue for approximately 3 minutes then turn left onto G St. Northwest, continue for about 1 min, then turn left at the second cross street onto 19th ST Northwest. 600 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 is on the right.
- From Interstate 495 (points north of Washington, DC):
Firstly, take 95 South to 495 West. From 495 West take exit 170B to merge onto I-395 North toward Washington for approximately 8 miles. Take exit 8B for Virginia 27/Washington Blvd toward Rosslyn, merge onto S. Washington Blvd entering Washington, DC, then make a slight left toward Arlington Memorial Bridge, turn right onto Arlington Memorial Bridge. Then, make a slight left toward Lincoln Memorial Circle Northwest.
Afterward, continue straight onto Lincoln Memorial Circle Northwest, then turn left onto 23rd St. NW, continue towards the traffic circle. At the traffic circle, take the first exit onto Pennsylvania Ave NW, then turn right onto 19th St. Finally, NW. 600 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 is on the right.
- From Route 66 and Route 50 (points west of Washington, DC):
To begin with, head east for approximately 1 minute, keep right at the fork, follow signs for E St. and merge onto E Street Expressway, continue for approximately 1 minute, then turn left onto 20th St. Northwest, continue for 2 minutes, turn right onto H Street NW, then take the first right onto 19th St. NW. Finally, 600 19th St., NW, Washington, DC 20006 will be on the right.
- From Interstates 95 and 395 (points south of Washington, DC):
Firstly, head east on I- 395 North, take exit 6 on the left toward U.S Capitol/C St. SW, then turn left onto Washington Ave. SW for approximately 50 seconds. Then, turn left onto C St. Southwest, continue onto 2nd St. Southwest. Afterward, turn left to merge onto I-395 South toward Virginia for about 1 minute, take Maine Ave. exit, then merge onto Maine Ave Southwest. Thereafter, make a slight right onto 17th St. Southwest, continue for about 3 minutes, turn left onto G St. Northwest, then turn left at the second cross street onto 19th St. Northwest. 600 19th St. Lastly, NW, Washington, DC 20006 will be on the right.
Moreover, metered parking and parking garages are available near the passport agency.
- Public Transit:
Importantly, you can take the Red Line to Farragut North or the Blue or Orange Line to Farragut West.
Make Appointment at Washington Passport Agency
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any updates on the Washington Passport Agency, please send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.