See info for Vermont Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
Vermont Passport Agency
50 South Main Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
Appointments Available From:
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about Vermont Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Vermont Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at a regional passport agency.
- In addition, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
You’ll need to be ready to present all of the following (if applicable):
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- Also, all required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, click HERE for more info on passport forms, documents & fees.
Otherwise, read the following pages for more information:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
However, you’re welcome to contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more info.
When You Arrive
- Importantly, arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Next, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
As a note, you can get your passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the Vermont Passport Agency. Otherwise, it’ll arrive within 8 days with confirmed travel plans. If you cannot get an appointment or need a passport faster, contact a passport expediting courier service.
Also, if you are traveling abroad in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, make an appointment at the Vermont Passport Agency.
In addition, you’ll need to bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From North:
Firstly, you’ll need to follow 89 South and take exit 19. Afterward, go straight through the first set of lights. At the second intersection, take a right onto route 7. Next, go through one set of lights. The building is on the left at the corner of Stebbins and South Main.
- From South:
To begin with, follow 89 North. Afterward, take exit 19. Then, go straight through the first set of lights. At the second intersection, take a right onto route 7. Next, go through one set of lights. Finally, the building is on the left at the corner of Stebbins and South Main.
- From East:
Firstly, take I-95 S toward Waterville Augusta. Then a slight right at I-295 S (signs for I-295 S/ME-9/ME-126/Gardiner/Brunswick). Next, merge onto I-95 S. Afterward, take Exit 2 for State Route 101 W and merge onto NH-101 W. Next, take the Exit onto I-93 N toward Concord and then take the exit onto I-89 N — exit 19. Then, go straight through the first set of lights. At the second intersection, take a right onto route 7. Next, go through one set of lights. Lastly, the building is on the left at the corner of Stebbins and South Main.
- From West:
At first, take I-90 E, New York State Thruway and Exit 1N to merge onto I-87 N toward Albany International Airport/Montreal. Afterward, take the Exit toward US-11 North and turn right at US-11 N. Then, turn Left at Lake St/New York 9B E/US-11 N. Afterward, take the 3rd Right onto Bridge Rd/US-2 E and follow US-2 E. Next, turn Left at VT-78 E and left at Depot St. Continue onto Merchants Row. Afterward, turn Right at Grand Ave and left at 1st St/VT-78 E. Afterward, turn right onto I-89 S and take exit 19. Go straight through the first set of lights. At the 2nd intersection, take a right onto route 7 and go through one set of lights. The building is on the left at the corner of Stebbins and South Main.
Moreover, public parking is available in the front of the building or elsewhere on Main Street.
- Public Transit:
St Albans Amtrak
Head east on Kingman Street and turn right onto North Main St. Go through the intersection at Fairfield street. The agency will be on your right at the corner of Main & Stebbins.
Green Mountain Transit Authority
The St Albans Link Express Runs from Burlington Vermont on Bus 96. Travels via I-89N from Downtown Burlington to St. Albans. Service to: FAHC, Winooski- Main Street & Mansion Street, Chimney Corners Park & Ride, Georgia Park & Ride, Downtown St. Albans City and Highgate Commons.
Make Appointment at Vermont Passport Agency
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment at the Vermont Passport Agency 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any updates on the Vermont Passport Agency, please send us a message via our Passport Help Desk.