See info for Seattle Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
Seattle Passport Agency
Fifth and Yesler Building
300 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98104
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about Seattle Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Seattle Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at the Seattle Passport Agency.
- Moreover, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
Importantly, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
Otherwise, contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more assistance.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, you can get your passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the Seattle Passport Agency. Otherwise, it’ll arrive within 8 days with confirmed travel plans. If you cannot get an appointment or need a passport quicker, contact a passport expediting courier service.
However, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, make an appointment at the Seattle Passport Agency. In addition, bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
Driving Directions, Parking Info & Public Transit
- From South, including Sea-Tac Airport:
Firstly, follow the signs to Seattle and I-5. Then, take I-5 N into downtown Seattle and take Exit 164A (multiple streets) and take the James Street exit one, keeping to the left. Thereafter, turn left at James Street (west towards the water) to 5th Avenue (approximately 2 blocks) and make a left turn. Finally, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left. Notably, travel time is approximately 20 minutes from the airport.
- From North:
At first, take I-5 S. to the James Street. (Exit 165A). Exit downtown. Merge onto 6th Avenue and turn right onto James Street. Then, keep to the left and turn left on 5th Avenue. Then, travel two blocks, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left.
- From East:
Take I-90 to I-5 North. Exit at James Street. (Exit 165), keep to the left. Take James Street West (towards the water) to 5th Avenue (approximately 2 blocks) and make a left turn. Then travel two blocks, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left.
- From West via ferry:
At first, from the ferry terminal (Coleman Dock) drive east on Marion Street to 5th Avenue and make a left turn. Travel south on 5th Avenue for five blocks. The Fifth and Yesler Building is on your left (just before the Yesler St. overpass).
Moreover, there are parking garages and lots located in several locations around the building. Notably, some meter street parking is also available.
- Public Transit:
Using (LINK) Central Link Light Rail from Sea-Tac Airport to Seattle
Firstly, the Sound Transit Central Link light rail serves Sea-Tac Airport and downtown Seattle; there are 9 stops between the airport and the Chinatown/International District Station stop in downtown Seattle, about four blocks from the Seattle Passport Agency. The trip from the airport to downtown Seattle takes about 30 minutes.
Secondly, the airport’s light rail station is connected to the fourth floor of the main parking garage at the airport. However, to reach it from the main terminal and ticket counters, walk across the covered bridge to the garage and follow the pedestrian walkway through the garage (to your left as you cross the bridge). Notably, you cannot purchase tickets once on board the train. Lastly, you may purchase a ticket from the ticket vending machine on the Link train platform.
Upon exiting the International District/Chinatown Station, walk North on Fifth Avenue for four blocks. Notably, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your right immediately after the Yesler street overpass.
Make Appointment at Seattle Passport Agency
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
Feel free to get in touch with us by phone or email if you have any questions.
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any updates on the Seattle Passport Agency, please send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.