See info for San Juan Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
San Juan Passport Agency
Centro Gubernamental Minillas
Torre Norte, Piso 9Avenida Jose de Diego, Parada 22
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00940
Appointments Available from:
7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time)
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about San Juan Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the San Juan Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at a regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
Moreover, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
Otherwise, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more assistance.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Next, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, you can get your passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the San Juan Passport Agency. Otherwise, it’ll arrive within 8 days with confirmed travel plans. If you cannot get an appointment or need a passport quicker, contact a passport expediting courier service.
However, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, make an appointment at the San Juan Passport Agency. Also, be sure to bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
IMPORTANT: Also, if you were born in Puerto Rico (or a naturalized U.S. citizen), you do not need a U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card to travel anywhere under U.S. jurisdiction, such as the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John), and other U.S. territories.
Driving Directions, Parking Info & Public Transit
- From South (including Caguas, Ponce, and Guayama):
To begin with, take Expressway PR-52 and continue onto PR-18. Next, merge onto PR-22 Expreso De Diego and take exit 0A Calle Pavia (last exit before tunnel). Afterward, go up to the light and cross Avenida Ponce de Leon (PR-25) onto Avenida Jose de Diego straight ahead.
Notably, the Minillas Government Center will one block up on your left across the street from the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
- From West (Bayamon, Arecibo, and Aguadilla):
First, take Expressway PR-22 (TOLL) Expreso De Diego. You will pass Plaza Las Americas mall on your right and when the road forks, stay on the left on the lanes going to San Juan and Santurce. Next, stay in the center or right lanes and take exit 0A Calle Pavia (last exit before tunnel). Then, go up to the light and cross Avenida Ponce de Leon (PR-25) onto Avenida Jose de Diego straight ahead. Finally, the Minillas Government Center will one block up on your left across the street from the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
- From East (Fajardo and Humacao):
Take road PR-3 and exit on left for PR-66 (Toll), which becomes PR-26 Expresso Baldorioty de Castro. Next, pass the airport on your right and exit on the side street (marginal) for Calle San Jorge (C. San Jorge). Then, pass the first light (calle San Jorge) and the second light (calle Del Parque). Afterward, make a left on the third light (Avenida Jose de Diego). Go over the overpass. At last, the Minillas Government Center will be on your right across the street from the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
- From Airport:
At first, take PR-26 Expreso Baldorioty de Castro west towards San Juan and exit on the side street (marginal) for Calle San Jorge (C. San Jorge). Then, pass the first light (calle San Jorge) and pass the second light (calle Del Parque). Afterward, make a left on the third light (Avenida Jose de Diego). Next, you’ll need to go over the overpass. At last, the Minillas Government Center will be on your right across the street from the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
- From Old San Juan, including the cruise piers:
Firstly, take PR-1. Then, merge onto PR-26 Expresso Baldorioty de Castro. Next, you’ll exit Avenida de Diego. Next, at the light (Avenida de Diego) make a right. Lastly, the Government Center will be on your right across the street from the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
- Public Transit (Bus):
In addition, you can take Bus A5 from Ponce De Leon Avenue or B21 from the Condado area. Notably, the Minillas Government Center is at Stop 22 (Parada 22) in front of the Puerto Rico Museum of Art.
You can find parking at public garages in the area. Also, there is no public parking at the Minillas Government Center.
Make Appointment at San Juan Passport Agency
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any updates about the San Juan Passport Agency, please send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.