Table of Contents
San Francisco Passport Agency
If it is a medical or family emergency, this regional office can issue a passport on the same day.
Otherwise, an appointment here can get you your passport in 8 days if you have confirmed travel plans. In the event you need it faster or you cannot get an appointment, you may contact a trusted passport expediting agency.
Also, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this regional passport agency with proof of travel.
NOTE: Notably, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel.
San Francisco Passport Agency
Regional Passport Office Appointment
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Call the National Passport Information Center for an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Your completed passport forms
- All required supporting identification documents
- A major CREDIT CARD, DEBIT/CHECK CARD (no ATM cards), CHECK, BANK DRAFT, CASH (exact change), or MONEY ORDER for application and expedited passport fees
Need help getting started?
- Appointments are a requirement at all regional passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a regional passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- Moreover, you must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Also, proof of travel is a requirement at this regional passport office.
- Additionally, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
- For all other customers, it arrives within 8 business days of applying at the regional passport agency.
Regional Passport Office Instructions
When You Arrive to the San Francisco Passport Agency
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then take the elevator to the 5th floor.
- Afterwards, you may check-in at the Information Desk.
- Subsequently, present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, be seated, and wait until you hear your number.
- When you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Driving Directions, Parking Information and Public Transportation
- Directions from North Bay (Golden Gate Bridge):
Take 101 South, which continues as the Presidio Parkway and then Richardson Avenue. Turn left onto Lombard Street to Van Ness Avenue and turn right. Take Van Ness to Bush Street and turn left. Take Bush Street to Montgomery Street and turn right. Continue across Market Street onto New Montgomery Street. Turn right at Howard Street, proceed half a block and turn left onto Hawthorne St.
- Directions from Sacramento:
Take 80 West and cross the Bay Bridge. After coming off the bridge into San Francisco take the Fremont Street Exit. Move to the left lane and continue down Fremont Street to Howard Street. Make a left on Howard Street and go three blocks to Hawthorne which will be on the left side of Howard Street.
- From San Francisco International Airport:
Take 101 North. At the 280 interchange take 280 North until you reach the end of the freeway which is 5th Street and King Street. Take King Street to 3rd street and make a left turn. Take 3rd Street to Folsom (about 8 blocks) and turn right. Go one block to Hawthorne. We are at the corner of Hawthorne Street and Folsom Street.
- From Oakland International Airport:
Take 880 North and go West across the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge on 80. After coming off the bridge into San Francisco take the Fremont Street Exit. Move to the left lane and continue down Fremont Street to Howard Street. Make a left on Howard Street and go three blocks to Hawthorne which will be on the left side of Howard Street.
There is public parking available at 55 Hawthorne (next door to our agency), at Folsom Street between 3rd and 4th Streets, and a third location on the corner of Second and Howard Streets. Rates are approximately $10/hr. Parking Rates subject to change without notice.
- Public Transportation:
Exit the Montgomery Street Bart Station. This is a large station with numerous exits. Take the “Market/New Montgomery” escalator up to the corner of Market Street and New Montgomery. Go right on New Montgomery until it ends at Howard Street. At Howard, turn right. Go one-half block to Hawthorne on left. Turn left on Hawthorne one block to Folsom. The entrance to the San Francisco Passport Agency is at 95 Hawthorne on the corner of Hawthorne and Folsom.
From Calstation at 4th Street and King Street – taxis are available (approximately 1 mile.) The #15, 30, and 45 buses depart from or near Calstation and go down one block to 3rd Street to Folsom.
Expedited Passport Services
Finally, you may be eligible to get your passport within 2 weeks, regardless of what state you reside.
PassportsOnline.ORG and Fastport Passport provide service to all 50 states. We can get your rush passport, in 24 hours or less if necessary.
Contact us if you have questions.