Table of Contents
San Diego Passport Agency
The San Diego Passport Agency in San Diego, CA can help you get your passport quickly. If it is a medical or family emergency, they are able to issue a passport the same day. Otherwise, an appointment here can get you your passport in 8 days if you have travel plans already booked. If you need it faster or you cannot get an appointment here, please contact a trusted passport expediting agency.
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this passport agency with proof of travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel.
San Diego Passport Agency in San Diego, CA
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment: 1-877-487-2778
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of travel is not required when applying at this agency. When calling the automated appointment system, you will hear that proof of travel is required, but it does not apply to this agency unless you have a life or death emergency.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be issued within 8 business days of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
Need help getting started?
When You Arrive to the San Diego Passport Agency in San Diego, CA
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Check-In at Window #1.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
- From San Diego International Airport:
Take North Harbor Dr towards I-5 (Downtown), turn left at West Grape St, turn right at Pacific Hwy, turn left at West Ash St, turn right on Kettner Blvd, turn left on West A St
- From San Ysidro Port of Entry:
Take I-5 North to exit 17A, merge onto West Hawthorne St, turn left at Columbia St
- From San Diego Coastal:
Take I-5 South toward Downtown to exit 17, merge onto Front St toward the Civic Center, turn right at West B St
Metered parking is available, and public parking lots range from $8.00 – $12.00 (daily rate).
- Public Transportation:
- From Santa Fe Depot (1050 Kettner Blvd):
Walk approximately two blocks heading East on West B St.
From Main Downtown Trolley Station (American Plaza):
Walk approximately two blocks heading North on India St toward West B St, turn right on West B St, walk two blocks heading East.
Get your U.S. Passport in two weeks or less, regardless of what state you reside. Passports Online and Fastport Passport provide service to all 50 states. We work fast to get your rush passport, in 24 hours or less if necessary. Don’t wait in long lines and deal with confusing paperwork. We make the process quick and easy.