Read below to learn about the San Diego Passport Agency.
Table of Contents
San Diego Regional Passport Agency
The San Diego Passport Agency can process your passport in San Diego, CA as a regional passport agency.
Fortunately, if you have a medical or family emergency, this agency can issue a U.S. passport on the same day.
Otherwise, you can get you your passport in 8 business days if you have confirmed travel plans.
If you need it faster or cannot get an appointment, contact a trusted passport expediting agency.
Expedited Passport in an Emergency
Moreover, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this regional passport agency with proof of travel. Importantly, it offers will-call (pickup) service for life or death emergencies, and immediate travel plans.
San Diego Passport Agency in San Diego, CA.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Appointments (24/7): 877-487-2778
- Not all regional passport agencies require an appointment. There is no charge to make an appointment at a regional passport agency and no applicant should have to pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to passport application fees to apply at this agency.
- This regional passport agency does not require proof of travel. When calling the automated appointment system, you will hear that proof of travel is required, but it does not apply to this agency unless you have a life or death emergency.
- It offers will-call service for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days). In this case, the San Diego Passport Agency will advise you when the passport is ready for pickup at will-call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, the San Diego Passport Agency will issue passports within 8 business days. Lastly, the agency will advise on delivery methods during your appointment.
Also, you may search for passport offices near you here.
Other Regional Passport Office Info
What to Bring:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Completed U.S. passport application forms
- All required supporting documents
- A major credit card, debit/check card (not ATM cards), check, bank draft, cash (exact change), or money order for the application and expedited fees
Need help getting started?
When You Arrive at the San Diego Passport Agency:
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Next, check-in at Window #1.
Present your Social Security Number or appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number. Next, please take a seat, and wait until the passport agent calls your number.
- Next, when the agent calls your number, go to your window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From San Diego Airport:
Take North Harbor Dr. towards I-5 (Downtown), turn left at West Grape St., turn right at Pacific Hwy., turn left at West Ash St., turn right on Kettner Blvd., turn left on West A St.
- From San Ysidro:
Take I-5 North to exit 17A, merge onto West Hawthorne St., turn left at Columbia St.
- From North County:
Take I-5 South toward Downtown to exit 17, merge onto Front St. toward the Civic Center, turn right at West B St.
Also, metered parking is available, and public parking lots range from $8.00 – $12.00 daily.
- Public Transit:
- From Santa Fe Depot (1050 Kettner Blvd.):
Walk approximately two blocks East on West B St.
From Main Downtown Trolley Station (American Plaza):
To begin with, walk approximately two blocks north on India St. toward West B St., turn right on West B St., walk two blocks East.
Passport Expediting Service
On the other hand, you may be able to get your U.S. passport in 2 weeks or less, regardless of the state you reside. Accordingly, Fastport Passport can help you get a rushed passport, in 24 hours or less, if necessary. At any rate, they’ll make the process quicker and easier than if you were to visit a Regional Passport Agency yourself.
If you happen to be out of state or out of range from the San Diego Passport Agency, you can get in touch with Fastport Passport as it now offers a passport expediting service in all 50 states.