See info for Philadelphia Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
- 1 Philadelphia Passport Agency
Philadelphia Passport Agency
U.S. Custom House
200 Chestnut Street, Room 103
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment: 1-877-487-2778
Details about Philadelphia Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Philadelphia Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at a regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
Moreover, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
Otherwise, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more assistance.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Next, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Finally, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, you can get your U.S. passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the Philadelphia Passport Agency,. Otherwise, you’ll get a passport within 8 days with confirmed travel plans.
If you cannot get an appointment here or need a passport even quicker, contact a reputable passport expediting courier service.
However, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, you can make an appointment at the Philadelphia Passport Agency. Also, be sure to bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From North & West:
Firstly, take PA Turnpike Exit #24, King of Prussia-Valley Forge. Then, follow I-76 East to Philadelphia. Next, take Exit #38 for I-676 (Vine Street Expressway) and follow it to the exit for the Benjamin Franklin Bridge at 6th Street. Afterward, stay on 6th Street one block to light. Then, turn left at light onto Race Street and follow approximately four blocks to 2nd Street. Afterward, turn right on Second Street and follow approximately four blocks to Chestnut Street. At last, the U.S. Custom House is on the southwest corner of 2nd and Chestnut.
- From New Jersey & NJ Turnpite:
At first, Take NJ Turnpike Exit #4 (Camden-Philadelphia) and follow signs for the Benjamin Franklin Bridge into Philadelphia. Stay to the right on the bridge and follow signs for 5th Street. Turn right onto 5th Street, follow 2 blocks to Wood Street. Then, turn right on Wood St., follow two blocks to 4th Street. Afterward, turn right on 4th Street. Follow 4th Street approximately six blocks to Chestnut Street. Finally, turn left on Chestnut and follow two blocks to the U.S. Custom House on the right at the corner of 2nd and Chestnut.
- From North (I-95 corridor):
To begin with, take I-95 South to Philadelphia and Exit at #22 for Center City-Independence Hall-Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Next, stay to the right two lanes and head straight down 2nd Street at the bottom of the ramp. Finally, you’ll follow 2nd Street approximately four blocks to the U.S. Custom House at the corner of 2nd and Chestnut Streets.
- From South (I-95 corridor):
Take I-95 North to Philadelphia and Exit at #20. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto Columbus Blvd and proceed north on Columbus Blvd. to Dock Street (HYATT Hotel on right). Next, turn left onto Dock Street and go one block to Front Street and turn right. Then, go one block to Walnut Street, turn left on Walnut, and go 2 blocks to Third Street. Then, turn right onto Third and go 1 block to Chestnut Street, turn right onto Chestnut to the U.S. Custom House on the right.
There is metered parking on the streets around the building, and pay parking lots or garages nearlby.
- Public Transit:
Notably, this regional passport agency is 8 blocks east from both the Market East train station and the local bus terminal, 1 block south of the 2nd Street stop on the Market-Frankford subway-elevated line, and 6 blocks east of the 8th and Market stop on the PATCO line from New Jersey.
Make Appointment at Philadelphia Passport Office
Of course, please call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any specific updates about the Philadelphia Passport Agency, please send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.