View info for New York Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
New York Passport Agency
Greater New York Federal Building
376 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014-3621
Appointments Available From:
7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about New York Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the New York Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Be ready to show Proof of Travel at the New York regional passport agency.
- Plus, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
- Lastly, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Office
In addition, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
On the other hand, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for additional help.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Afterward, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Next, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Lastly, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Important to remember, when you visit the New York Passport Agency, you can get a passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you can obtain a passport within 8 days — but, you must already have confirmed travel plans.
If you cannot get an appointment here or need a passport even faster, you may contact a trusted passport expediting courier service.
Moreover, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need your foreign visa within 4 weeks, you can make an appointment at the New York Passport Agency. But, remember to bring proof of travel plans (if necessary).
NOTE: In addition, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
Parking Information & Public Transportation
Notably, there is metered parking available on Varick and Hudson Streets near the Federal Building at 376 Hudson Street. Also, there are parking garages and lots across from 376 Hudson Street and nearby as follows:
375 Hud Parking LLC – Icon Parking System, 375 Hudson Street, New York, N.Y. (212) 645-4084, Parking Rates: Per Hour $22.00, In by 7:00a.m. out by 7:00 p.m. $25.00. Parking Rates subject to change without notice.
Icon Parking System, 296 Hudson Street, New York, N.Y. (212) 929-4547. Parking Rates: Per Hour $21.00, In by 7:00 a.m. out by 7:00 p.m. $30.00. Parking Rates may change without notice.
Central Parking Garage, 296 Hudson Street, New York, N.Y. (212) 337-8537, Parking Rates: Per Hour $16.00, In by 7:00 a.m. out by 8:00 p.m. $31.00. Parking Rates may change without notice.
Take the 1 local to Houston Street, or, A, B, C, D, E, F, or V to West 4th Street.
Make Appointment at New York Passport Office
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
If you need to get a passport within 2 weeks, contact a trusted passport expediting service like Fastport Passport. Also, see Expedited Passport Service and contact the PassportsOnline.ORG team for assistance.
NOTE: Of course, PassportsOnline.ORG does all it can to maintain accurate info about regional passport offices from the U.S. Department of State. But if you have updates on the New York Passport Agency, please let us know via our Passport Help Desk.