See info about New Orleans Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
New Orleans Passport Agency
One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300
New Orleans, LA 70130-6508
The New Orleans Passport Agency is in the heart of downtown New Orleans at One Canal Place, 365 Canal St., Suite 1300.
One Canal Place is an office tower, shopping center, and hotel complex between the U.S. Customhouse and the Aquarium of the Americas at Canal Street and North Peters Street.
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment: 1-877-487-2778
Regional Passport Agency Info
- Appointments are mandatory at the New Orleans Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees.
- You may or may not need to show Proof of Travel at this regional passport agency.
- Will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Lastly, you can expect to get your passport within 8 business days.
For Your Appointment at New Orleans Office
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Click HERE to get additional details on the required passport forms, documents, and fees. For more information, please see:
When You Arrive
- To begin with, arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, check-in at the Information Desk and present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Obtain your number, take a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Lastly, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
When you visit the New Orleans Passport Agency, you can get a U.S. passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you’ll receive your passport in 8 days if you have confirmed travel plans. If you cannot secure an appointment or need your passport faster, you may get in touch with a trusted passport expediting agency.
If you are traveling abroad in less than 2 weeks or need to get your foreign visa within 4 weeks, make an appointment at New Orleans Passport Agency and be sure to have proof of travel plans.
NOTE: Additionally, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies as well as immediate travel (departures within 5 business days).
Driving Directions & Parking Information
- From New Orleans International Airport:
Head ton I-10 eastbound and follow signs on the Interstate marked “New Orleans Business District.” With the Superdome visible in the distance, approach a two-lane off-ramp marked “I-10 East Slidell.” Take the off-ramp, and exit to your left at Exit 234B, “Poydras St. Superdome.” Proceed down Poydras St. approximately 1 mile, and then take a left onto South Peters St. Continue down South Peters for 2 blocks to the intersection with Canal St. The One Canal Place office tower is just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
- From I-10 westbound:
Exit to the right at Exit 235B, “Canal St. Superdome.” Canal Street is approximately 1 block straight ahead from the downside of the off-ramp. Take a right onto Canal Street, and proceed approximately 1 mile. The One Canal Place office tower will then be visible to your left.
- From the West Bank of the Mississippi River:
Take the Crescent City Connection (Mississippi River Bridge) and then exit at Camp Street. Turn right onto Andrew Higgins Drive and proceed approximately 4 blocks to South Peters St. Take a left onto South Peters and continue several blocks until you reach the Canal St. intersection. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
Paid parking is available in the One Canal Place parking garage and in several parking lots nearby. Parking rates vary by location.
Make an Appointment
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment at the New Orleans Passport Agency 24 hours per day.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
Also, you may contact the PassportsOnline.ORG team for more assistance.
NOTE: Finally, if you have updates about the New Orleans Passport Agency, please get in touch with us via our Passport Help Desk.