Info on National Passport Center – regional passport office in Portsmouth, NH.
Table of Contents
National Passport Center in Portsmouth NH
207 International Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Appointments Available From:
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment: 1-877-487-2778
Details about National Passport Center
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Portsmouth National Passport Center, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your passport application and expediting fees.
- You may need to present Proof of Travel at the National Passport Center (regional passport agency).
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring to Regional Passport Agency
First thing to remember, be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
To begin with, you can click HERE for additional details on the required passport forms, documents, and passport fees. Also see:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Contact Us
Otherwise, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for further information.
When You Arrive
- To begin with, arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Next, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, you’ll need to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, be ready to present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, take a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Finally, when you hear your number, walk up to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, when you visit the National Passport Center, you can get a passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you’ll receive your passport in 8 days if you have confirmed travel plans.
Otherwise, if you cannot secure an appointment here or need your passport even quicker, you may contact a reputable passport expediting courier service.
In addition, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need a foreign visa within 1 month, you’ll need to make an appointment at Portsmouth Passport Center and remember to bring proof of travel plans (if necessary).
NOTE: In addition, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From North:
From Maine (I-95):
Firstly, take I-95 South toward Kittery/Boston crossing into New Hampshire. Take Exit 3A toward Pease International Tradeport. Secondly, turn Right onto Grafton Road. Next, turn Left onto Corporate Drive. Then, take the first Right onto International Drive. 207 International Drive is on the Right.
From New Hampshire (Route 16):
To begin with, take NH-16/White Mountain Highway South. Then, take the Gosling Rd exit, Exit 1 toward Pease International Tradeport. Afterward, turn Right onto Pease Blvd. Next, turn Left onto International Drive. Finally, 207 International Dr. will be on the Left in 1.1 miles.
- From South:
Firstly, take Interstate 93N toward Concord, NH. Merge onto US-1 North via Exit 27 on the Left toward Tobin Bridge/Revere. Afterward, merge onto Interstate 95N toward NH/Maine. Take the RT-33 exit, Exit 3 toward Greenland/Portsmouth. Next, turn Left onto NH-33/Greenland Rd. Turn Right onto Grafton Rd. Then, turn Left onto Corporate Dr. Then, turn Right onto International Dr. 207 International Dr. is on the Right.
- From East:
At first, you can take Interstate 95S to exit 3A towards PEASE INT’L TRADEPORT/Bus Terminal/Park & Ride. Next, turn right onto Grafton Rd. Then, turn Left onto Corporate Dr. Lastly, and turn right on International Dr. 207 International Dr is on the Right.
- From West:
To begin with, take RT-9 E Franklin Pierce Highway. Merge onto I-89 S. Merge onto I-93 S toward Manchester/Boston. Afterward, you can merge onto NH-101 E via Exit 7 on the Left toward Seacoast/Portsmouth. Merge onto I-95 N/Blue Star Memorial Highway toward Portsmouth/Maine. Take the Rt-33 exit, Exit 3 toward Greenland/Portsmouth. Then, turn Left onto NH-33/Greenland Rd. Turn Right onto Grafton Rd. Next, turn Left onto Corporate Dr. Turn Right onto International Dr. 207 International Dr. is on the Right.
Moreover, parking is available in the front of the building. Also, you can use the customer driveway entrance and parking spaces designated for passport customers.
For public transportation information, please visit http://www.portsmouthnh.com/visitors/transportation.cfm
Make Appointment at Minneapolis Passport Office
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
You can also look for other passport acceptance offices near you on PassportsOnline.ORG.
Expedited Passport Service
On the other hand, if you’d like to get your U.S. passport in 2 weeks or less, you can use a trusted passport expediting service like Fastport Passport.
NOTE: Importantly, PassportsOnline.ORG does all it can to maintain accurate info about regional passport offices from the U.S. Department of State. However, if you have any specific updates on the National Passport Center, please feel free to send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.