See info for Minneapolis Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
- 1 Minneapolis Passport Agency
- 1.1 Regional Passport Agency Appointments
- 1.2 Details about Minneapolis Passport Agency
- 1.3 For Your Appointment
- 1.4 What to Bring to Minneapolis Regional Passport Office
- 1.5 Other Regional Passport Agency Info
- 1.6 Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- 1.7 Make Appointment at Minneapolis Passport Office
- 1.8 Expedited Passport Service
Minneapolis Passport Agency
United States Federal Office Building aka The “Old” Federal Building
212 3rd Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Regional Passport Agency Appointments
8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment: 1-877-487-2778
Details about Minneapolis Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Minneapolis Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- You may need to present Proof of Travel at the Minneapolis regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring to Minneapolis Regional Passport Office
First thing to remember, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
To begin with, you can click HERE for additional details on the required passport forms, documents, and fees. Also see:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Contact Us
Otherwise, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for further information.
When You Arrive
- To begin with, arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Next, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, you’ll need to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, be ready to present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, take a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Finally, when you hear your number, walk up to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Importantly, when you visit the Minneapolis Passport Agency, you can get a passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you’ll receive your passport in 8 days if you have confirmed travel plans.
Otherwise, if you cannot secure an appointment here or need your passport even quicker, you may contact a reputable passport expediting courier service.
In addition, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need a foreign visa within 1 month, you’ll need to make an appointment at Minneapolis Passport Agency and remember to bring proof of travel plans (if necessary).
NOTE: In addition, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
- From North:
Firstly, take I-35W South and exit at Washington Avenue (exit 17C). Next, go right onto Washington Avenue. Afterward, turn right onto 3rd Ave S. Lastly, the Federal building is on the left.
- From East:
At first, take I-94W to the Cedar Ave exit. Afterward, turn right onto Cedar Ave. Continue North on Cedar Ave., which will curve around and become Washington Ave. Take a right and head North on 3rd Ave South. The Federal building is on your left.
- From South:
Firstly, take I-35 North to I-35W (toward Minneapolis). Secondly, continue on I-35W North toward the “Downtown Exits.” Stay in left 3 lanes and merge onto Hwy 65 North. Afterward, take the 5th Ave S exit. Continue on 5th Ave. for 8 blocks and turn left onto Washington Ave S. Go two blocks to 3rd Ave S. Following, turn right onto 3rd Ave S. Last, the Federal building is on the left.
- From West:
At first, you can take I-394 E towards Minneapolis and then 3rd Ave N / Washington Ave exit (exit 9c). At the top of the ramp, you’ll need to take a right onto Washington Avenue and a left onto 3rd Ave S.
At the present time, there is metered parking available on 3rd Ave South in front of the Federal building for $1/hr. Moreover, you’ll find a parking lot located across from the Federal building at 3rd Ave & 2nd St. The rate is $5.85/day. Lastly, there is another parking lot at 3rd Avenue South and Washington Avenue, which charges $6/day.
- Public Transit:
Notably, the Federal Building is on the west side of 3rd Ave S, across the street from the Depot Hotel and 3 blocks north of the Government Plaza stop on the light rail line. Also, there is a public bus stop behind the Federal Building on 2nd Ave S. For light rail, bus and commuter rail maps, fares and schedules, please visit http://www.metrotransit.org/
Make Appointment at Minneapolis Passport Office
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
At last, if you need to get your U.S. passport within 2 weeks, you may contact reputable passport expediting service like Fastport Passport. Also, see Expedited Passport Service. In addition, you may get in touch with the PassportsOnline.ORG team for more assistance.
NOTE: Of course, PassportsOnline.ORG does all it can to maintain accurate info about regional passport offices from the U.S. Department of State. But if you have any specific updates on the Minneapolis Passport Agency, please feel free to send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.