See info for Houston Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
Houston Passport Agency
George Thomas “Mickey” Leland Federal Building
1919 Smith Street, 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
(Use the entrance located on 1919 Louisiana Street.)
Appointments Available From:
8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about Houston Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Houston Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Also, be ready to show Proof of Travel at a regional passport agency.
- Moreover, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Regional Passport Offices
You’ll need to be ready to present all of the following (if applicable):
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees.
Also, go to the following pages for additional information:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
Otherwise, you’re welcome to contact PassportsOnline.ORG for more info.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Next, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Important to realize, you can get your passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency at the Houston Passport Agency. Otherwise, it’ll arrive within 8 days with confirmed travel plans. If you cannot get an appointment or need a passport quicker, contact a passport expediting courier service.
On the other hand, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, you can make an appointment at the Houston Passport Agency.
Also, you’ll need to bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
Driving Directions & Parking Information
From George Bush IAH:
Take JFK Blvd. to Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Tollway) west. Take the Downtown Houston exit onto I-45 South. Stay on I-45 South, take the McKinny Street exit, go 1 block to Smith Street. Turn right onto Smith Street and follow Smith Street to Pierce Street. The building is on the left.
- From Hobby Airport:
Turn right onto Airport Blvd., travel on Airport Blvd. to I-45. Go under the freeway and enter the freeway going north. Take the St. Joseph Parkway exit off the freeway, follow St. Joseph Parkway to Louisiana Street. The building will be directly across the street.
There are three parking lots within one block of the Mickey Leland Federal Building located on Smith Street. Rates vary from $5.00 to $10.00 per day. There is metered parking available next to the building under the freeway on Louisiana Street and on Smith Street. Parking rates subject to change without notice.
Make Appointment at Houston Passport Agency
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment at the Houston Passport Agency 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
Moreover, if in the event you have questions about your passport application or expedited U.S. passports, please feel free to get in touch with our team by phone or email.
NOTE: Lastly, if you have any updates on the Houston Passport Agency, please send us a detailed message via our Passport Help Desk.