View regional passport agency in Stamford – Connecticut Passport Agency.
Table of Contents
Connecticut Passport Agency
Firstly, if you need your passport fast or you cannot get an appointment, please contact a passport expediting agency.
The Connecticut Passport Agency in Stamford Connecticut can help apply for an expedited passport.
In the event of a medical or family emergency, this regional passport agency can issue a passport on the same day. Otherwise, it will take up to 8 days to receive your passport if you have confirmed travel plans.
However, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you may be eligible to schedule an appointment at this regional passport agency with proof of travel. Will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel.
Connecticut Passport Agency in Stamford Connecticut
Regional Passport Agency Appointment
Connecticut Regional Passport Agency
850 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902
Appointments Available From:
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Excluding Federal Holidays
Also, call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
- Importantly, you must have an appointment at regional passport agencies. There is no fee to make an appointment at a regional passport office.
- Be ready to pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to your application fees.
- Proof of travel is a requirement to apply at this regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days). The regional passport agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call which depends on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passport delivery normally takes 8 business days of applying at this regional passport agency.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport forms
- All required supporting documents
- A major CREDIT CARD, DEBIT/CHECK CARD (not ATM cards), CHECK, BANK DRAFT, CASH (exact change), or MONEY ORDER for application and expedited fees
Need help with your application?
In addition, you can also visit the following pages for more details:
- New Passport Processing.
- Child Passport.
- Name Change.
- Lost or Stolen Passport.
- Expedited Passport Service.
Other Regional Passport Office Info
- Generally, you should arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Next, you’ll need to check-in at the Information Desk.
- After that, present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Then, get a number, take a seat, and wait until you hear your number.
- Lastly, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
- From New Haven:
Take Interstate 95-S to Exit 7, Atlantic Street. Make a left at the first traffic light onto Canal Street. The agency is half a mile on the left at 850 Canal Street.
- From New York:
Take Interstate 95-N to Exit 7, Atlantic Street. At the end of the ramp continue two traffic lights, then turn right at the second traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue on Canal Street a half mile. The agency is on the left at 850 Canal Street.
- From the Merritt Parkway Southbound:
Take Exit 34, Long Ridge Road, CT 104. At the end of the ramp, turn left onto Long Ridge Road. Continue 2.2 miles on Long Ridge Road, then make a right onto Cold Spring Road. Continue and stay left to continue on Washington Blvd for 1.8 miles, then turn left onto Tresser Blvd. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue half a mile, the regional passport agency will be on the left.
- From the Merritt Parkway Northbound:
Take Exit 34, Long Ridge Road, CT 104. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Long Ridge Road. Then, continue 2.2 miles on Long Ridge Road, then make a right onto Cold Spring Road. Continue and stay left to continue on Washington Blvd for 1.8 miles, then turn left onto Tresser Blvd. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue half a mile, the regional passport agency will be on the left.
The Connecticut Regional Passport Agency in Stamford is at 850 Canal Street, with a lot of parking in the immediate area.
- Public Transit:
Via Metro-North Train – Stamford Station train stop. Walk Northeast on Station Place. Stay right to continue on Station Place which becomes Dock Street. Continue to walk 2 blocks, then make a right onto Pacific Street. Take the first left onto Market Street. Continue 3 blocks and make a right onto Canal Street. The agency is 3 blocks ahead on the left.
Expedited Passport Service
Lastly, you can get your U.S. passport in 2 weeks or less via an authorized passport expediting service.
Fastport Passport now offers passport expediting service to all 50 states. The Fastport Passport team can work fast to get your expedited passport, in 24 hours or less if necessary. You no longer have to wait in long lines or deal with confusing passport documents.
Moreover, if you have questions, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG by phone or email, or by using the chat feature on this page.
Otherwise, please submit an inquiry via our Passport Help Desk if you have updated information for the Connecticut Passport Agency.