See info for Buffalo Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
Buffalo Passport Agency
111 Genesee Street, Suite 101
Buffalo, NY 14203
Appointments Available From:
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment @ 1-877-487-2778
Details about Buffalo Passport Agency
- Importantly, appointments are mandatory at the Buffalo Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- Afterward, you must pay the $60 expediting fee plus your application fees.
- Be ready to show Proof of Travel at the Buffalo regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
What to Bring to Buffalo Regional Passport Office
In addition, you may want to be ready to present all of the following:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Firstly, you may click HERE for more info on the necessary passport forms, documents, and fees. Also, view:
- New Passport Processing
- Minor Passport
- Passport Information
- Name Change
- Passport Fees
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Forms
- Contact Us
On the other hand, you may contact PassportsOnline.ORG for additional help.
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to give yourself time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Afterward, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Next, be sure to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Also, you must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Get a number, have a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Lastly, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
Important to remember, when you visit the Buffalo Passport Agency, you can get a passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you can get your U.S. passport within 8 days — however, you must have confirmed travel plans.
If you cannot get an appointment here or need a passport even faster, you may contact a trusted passport expediting courier service.
Moreover, if you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 1 month, you can make an appointment at the Buffalo Passport Agency. Remember to bring proof of travel plans (if applicable).
NOTE: Also, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days).
- From South:
Firstly, take I-90 East to I-190 North. Take I-190 North about 5 miles to Exit 6 (Elm Street). Afterward, head north about one mile on Elm Street (Hwy 33) to Genesee Street. Turn left on Genesee Street and travel one and a half blocks to the Agency.
- From North:
Take I-190 South to Exit 6 (Elm Street). Then, head north about one mile on Elm Street (Hwy 33) to Genesee Street. Turn left on Genesee Street and travel one and a half blocks to the Agency.
- From East:
Take I-90 West (New York State Thruway) to Highway 33 West (Kensington Expressway). Then, take Highway 33 West (Kensington Expressway) to Oak Street Exit (continuation of Hwy 33). Upon exiting the expressway, make an immediate right from Oak Street onto Genesee Street. Travel one half block. Finally, the agency is on the left side of the street.
- From the Airport:
To begin with, take Highway 33 West (Kensington Expressway) to Oak Street Exit (continuation of Hwy 33). Upon exiting the expressway, make an immediate right from Oak Street onto Genesee Street. Then, travel one half block. Notably, the Buffalo Passport Office is on the left side of the street.
- From Ontario:
At first, take Queen Elizabeth Way to the Peace Bridge and proceed across the Peace Bridge. Then, take I-190 South to Exit 6 (Elm Street). Next, head north about one mile on Elm Street (Hwy 33) to Genesee Street. Lastly, turn left on Genesee Street and travel one and a half blocks to the Agency.
Make Appointment at Buffalo Passport Office
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
If you need a passport within 2 weeks, you may contact a trusted passport expediting service like Fastport Passport. Also, please read Expedited Passport Service. Otherwise, contact the PassportsOnline.ORG team for more assistance.
NOTE: Of course, PassportsOnline.ORG does all it can to maintain accurate info about regional passport offices from the U.S. Department of State. But if you have any updates on the Buffalo Passport Agency, please send a message via our Passport Help Desk.