See info about Boston Passport Agency – regional passport office.
Table of Contents
Boston Passport Agency
Boston Passport Agency
Tip O’Neill Federal Building
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222
Appointments Available From:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Details about Regional Passport Offices
- Appointments are mandatory at the Boston Passport Agency, according to the U.S. Department of State website.
- You must pay the $60 expediting fee in addition to application fees.
- You may need to show Proof of Travel at this regional passport agency.
- Also, will-call service is available for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
- Otherwise, you can expect to get a passport within 8 business days.
For Your Appointment at Boston Passport Office
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of travel plans
- Completed passport application forms
- All required identification documents
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (no ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (exact change), or Money Order for application and expedited fees
Need additional guidance?
Click HERE for additional details on the required passport forms, documents, and fees. To learn more, please see:
When You Arrive
- To begin with, arrive early to give yourself enough time to pass through building security and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Then, take the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Afterward, check-in at the Information Desk and present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number.
- Obtain your number, take a seat, and wait until an agent calls your number.
- Lastly, when you hear your number, go to your assigned window.
Other Regional Passport Agency Info
When you visit the Boston Passport Agency, you can get a U.S. passport on the same day with a medical or family emergency. Otherwise, you’ll receive your passport in 8 days if you have confirmed travel plans. If you cannot secure an appointment or need your passport faster, you may get in touch with a trusted passport expediting agency.
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get your foreign visa within 4 weeks, please make an appointment at Boston Passport Agency and be sure to have proof of travel plans.
NOTE: Also, will-call (pickup) service is available for life or death emergencies as well as immediate travel abroad (departures within 5 business days).
Driving Directions, Parking Information & Public Transit
Take Interstate 93S to Exit 26A/Leverett Circle/Cambridge. Afterward, follow the signs to North Station. Turn right at the end of the ramp. Then, access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
- From South:
Take Interstate 95N to Interstate 93N to Boston. Enter 93N Tunnel. Take Exit 26/Storrow Drive. Stay in the left lane. Afterward, follow signs for North Station. Then, make a right at light onto Nashua Street. Follow Nashua Street until the end. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
- From East New Hampshire & N.E. Mass:
Take Interstate 95S to Route 1S. Follow Route 1 across the Tobin Bridge. Afterward, follow signs to Storrow Drive/Cambridge. Then, exit on right to Nashua Street. Follow signs for North Station. Next, access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
- From West:
Take Mass Pike East to Interstate 93N to Boston. Enter 93N Tunnel. Then, take Exit 26/Storrow Drive. Stay in the left lane. Afterward, follow signs for North Station. Make a right at light onto Nashua Street. Follow Nashua Street until the end. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
There are two parking garages on Lomansey Way within walking distance of the Boston Passport Agency (TD Garden location and a second nameless location). Cost is roughly $20/day. Notably, the Boston Passport Agency does not validate parking. Also, parking rates are subject to change without notice.
- Public Transit:
The O’Neill Federal Building is adjacent to North Station. For subway maps, commuter rail fares, and schedules, visit the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority website.
Make an Appointment
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment 24/7.
- 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Expedited Passport Service
On the other hand, if you would like to obtain your U.S. passport within 2 weeks, consider a passport expediting service such as Fastport Passport. Also, read Expedited Passport Service. In addition, you may get in touch with the PassportsOnline.ORG team for more assistance.
NOTE: PassportsOnline.ORG does all it can to maintain accurate information about regional passport agencies from the U.S. Department of State. However, if you have any updates on the Boston Passport Agency, please contact us via our Passport Help Desk.