Fastport Passport has made it easy for U.S. citizens who urgently need a passport to apply for one easily. This is a passport and visa expediting company that processes passports to citizens in the U.S. since 2002.
Step By Step Passport Processing
- The first step is to select the type of service/s that you are interested in. Then in the form, fill out all the information that is required such as: date of travel, names, and delivery options. These delivery options include USPS, FEDEX and UPS.
- The next thing is to prepare the documents that are supposed to be sent in.
- After you have prepared your documents, ship them for your passport processing.
Prepare Your Documents
Anybody can apply for a passport but for you to get a one, you must prove your citizenship and identity. The number of documents that are required depends on whether you are a first time applicant or you are applying for a person under the age of 16 years. Let’s look at the documents you need:
- You must prove your citizenship by providing a birth certificate or previous U.S. passport. This is for people who are born in the US. If you are born outside the US, you will be required to provide naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship or consular report of birth abroad.
- You will be required to provide a previous US passport, military ID, driver’s license, or naturalization certificate to prove your identity. In these documents, you should put your signature and include your photo.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have these IDs as you can provide secondary IDs. These can be your credit card, social security card or library card. You need a witness who will provide their own forms of IDs as well.
Passport Processing Needs
Get a passport photo
You have to put a face to your name. This is a photo that must be clearly visible and has a particular size. Visit a drug store or a large chain grocery which has a photo lab to get a passport photo.
Fill out the form
This form is known as the DS-11. You can fill this form online at Fastport Passport or fill it manually. In this form, you will fill out your personal details such as social security number, where you live, where you were born, etc.
Submit the form
If you are a first time applicant, you have to submit the form yourself. You can take this form to your local passport authority or major post offices. The other time that you are required in person is when you have changed your name or 15 years have passed since your last application and if you have damaged your passport or it has been stolen. You don’t need to appear in person when you are renewing your passport.
Pay the fee money
You must be prepared to pay for a fee required to get a passport. You are required to pay $135 for an adult first time applicant. The amount is about $110 when you are renewing or when applying for a kid. You can pay via credit cards, pay checks or money orders. It is cheaper to get a passport card instead of a passport book if you are traveling between US and Mexico or US and Canada.
Apply for a passport in advance because it may take time. If you need your passport fast, apply for Fastport Passport’s expedited services. When you are processing your passport online, you should track it.