To begin with, read about passport identification forms.

Passport Identification Forms

Passport Identification Forms

Importantly, you will need to have the correct passport identification forms to apply for a U.S. passport.

Specifically, you will need one of the following as primary identification:

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
  • Naturalization certificate
  • Valid driver’s license
  • Current government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current military ID (military and dependents)

Moreover, if you use an out-of-state ID as your primary identification, you will need to present additional ID documents.

NOTE: Also, if you do not have any forms of primary identification, you’ll need secondary identification.

Secondary Identification for a Passport Application

Generally, you’ll need to bring as many forms of Secondary Identification as possible, which include:

  • Non-driver’s ID card
  • Library card
  • Lease agreement
  • Work identification
  • Credit card
  • Voter’s registration card
  • Social Security card
  • School ID
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Health insurance card
  • High school year book
  • Tax records

If you need to process a name change, you must submit your original marriage license, divorce decree, or name change decree.

Also, you have the option to bring in an identifying witness who will act as a witness of your identity. So, it will help as supplemental passport ID. Remember, the ID witness must have a valid license or passport, as well as a few other things.

With this in mind, read below for more info on the Identifying Witness.

Passport Identifying Witness

Otherwise, an identifying witness is a person who can swear to your identity. However, he or she must:

  • Be present for your passport application.
  • Have known you for at least 2 years.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
  • Have a primary valid ID.

Lastly, your witness must complete Form DS-71: Affidavit of Identifying Witness in the presence of a Passport Agent. Notably, Form DS-71 is only available at your local Passport Acceptance Agency or a Regional Passport Agency.

Nevertheless, if you have any questions about Passport Identification Forms, please send us an email or submit an inquiry via our Passport Help Desk.

Facebook Comments