Please see below for our section on Passport FAQ.

Expedited Fast Passport FAQ

Everything you need to know on how to get an expedited passport online! 

PassportsOnline.ORG answers our visitor’s Passport FAQ below. If you still have questions not found in our Passport FAQ, please see new passport processing or feel free to contact us!

passport FAQ

Please contact our Customer Service Dept. with any questions or concerns regarding the expediting of your passport.

How does your service work?

PassportsOnline.ORG teamed up with the leading Passport expediting company called Fastport Passport.

If you do not know which service you need, please use our Passport Flow Chart to find out if you qualify for our expedited passport services. It contains a checklist with links to the passport forms you must complete.

You’ll then gather the necessary documents and forms according to the checklist and send everything to us. We get the passport made for you right away — faster than any other expediting service. Our team will then deliver your new passport fast, as quickly as 24 hours.

What is an acceptance agent?

You must visit an Acceptance Agent for new passports and child passports. You can view them as a government-authorized notary. They verify your identity and witness the signing of all necessary forms. Moreover, you can locate a Passport Acceptance Facility online.

Can you help me find the forms I need?

Of course, we can certainly help! You can download passport forms on PassportsOnline.ORG website. Also, feel free to call us at 877-910-7277 for assistance on any forms, or use the chat feature below.

When do I need a U.S. Passport?

You must have a passports any time you leave or enter the country. If you travel by land to Canada or Mexico, you may use a passport card.

What is a Passport Card?

A passport card is a wallet-size travel plastic document similar to a driver’s license. You may conveniently use one to travel from the United States to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, by land and sea but not air.

What is a Letter of Authorization?

This required document allows us to hand-in your application on your behalf with our expedited service.

How many years is my passport valid?

An adult passport is valid for 10 years. If you were under 16 years old when the U.S. Department of State issued it, then it is a child passport (minor passport), which is only valid for 5 years.

fastportHow can you get a passport and visa so quickly?

As a registered courier service with the U.S. Department of State, Fastport Passport has special access to Passport Agencies.

With this access, the Passport Agency will meet with Fastport Passport without any appointments, unlike the general public. Additionally, it has a similar standing with Embassies and Consulates to get visas quickly, too.

How can I know this is not a scam?

Fastport Passport is registered with the U.S. Department of State. It has been securing U.S. Passports for American travelers for more than 10 years. See Yelp and Facebook to learn more. If you need your passport or visa in less than 4-6 weeks, contact Fastport Passport.

Is your website and order form secure?

Fastport Passport uses the highest level of security protocols. Its order form site has the GeoTrust SSL certificate to securely transmit your order information with a 248-bit encryption. In other words, this is the highest level of encryption in the industry. Additionally, FastPort Passport uses McAfee Security, which checks the website daily for any vulnerability.

Is there a guarantee on your processing time?

The only guarantee is Fastport Passport will process your application correctly. We are not responsible for delays with couriers such as FedEx, and we are not responsible for delays with the Passport Agency.

In some cases, the Passport Agency will require extra information from our clients. Under those circumstances, Fastport Passport can definitely help, if necessary. It has an excellent track record processing passports and visas on time, so you will not miss your trip.

Why do you charge a fee?

Fastport Passport is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to secure your passport quickly. Fees go towards expediting your passport application, rather than waiting for 4-6 weeks through the Post Office.

Generally, Fastport Passport handles the entire process and get your U.S. passport and/or visa in days rather than weeks.

Can someone actually get a second passport and why?

Some frequent travelers need a second duplicate passport if they have travel plans but also need to submit their U.S. passport for visa processing. A second duplicate passport is available for travelers in this unique situation.

Furthermore, another reason a traveler may need a second duplicate passport is if they travel between countries engaged in conflict or war. Next, a second duplicate passport is only valid for 1 year or 2 years, at most.

Can I skip the acceptance agent step?

Visiting an Acceptance Agent is a mandatory step for new passports and child passports to verify your identity and paperwork, and seal the envelope. Additionally, you cannot open or tamper with it before it goes to us for processing with the U.S. Department of State.

What are reasons I might not be able to get a passport?

Importantly, the U.S. Department of State will deny a passport application for a few reasons. See Passport Denial for more information.

Most commonly passports are denied if you:

  • Completed an application form incorrectly.
  • Are currently on probation.
  • Owe more than $1500 in child support payments.
  • Are wanted on an arrest warrant.
  • Have a summon to appear in court.
  • Are currently in jail.

Also, please see our Felony Passport Page for more info.

How can I get a passport for my child or minor?

To apply for a minor passport, both parent(s) or guardian(s) must complete the Statement of Consent and all necessary paperwork. Once the paperwork is complete, the parent(s) or guardian(s) and the minor/child will need to visit a Passport Acceptance Facility.

Do I need an official copy of my birth certificate?

Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) to process your passport application.

Moreover, your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. Also, you may order an Express Birth Certificate. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate.

What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?

In any case, you must complete a Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card (Form DS-64) to indicate your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent.

See Lost or Stolen Passport for more info.

Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?

Yes. As of December 31, 2007 the U.S. State Department now requires every U.S. citizen to possess a valid passport to travel by air, sea, or land to Mexico and Canada.

Presently, you can no longer use a birth certificate or a form of identification. However, you may use a passport card for land travel to Canada and Mexico.

How are passport photos different from regular photos?

Here is a very popular question for our Passport FAQ. The U.S. Department of State has strict requirements for passport photos.

See Passport Photo to learn more.

How old must you be to have a passport?

All U.S. citizens (including infants) who travel internationally must possess their own valid U.S. passport. For more information, please see Child Passport and Adult Passport.

How do I process my Name Change?

If your passport is less than 1 year old, you can submit a name change. Otherwise, you must submit a Passport Renewal Application. Be sure to have an official copy of your marriage or divorce license with you.

What is the visa process?

Embassies and consulates can process and issue visas. To begin with, Fastport Passport will submit the necessary documentation on your behalf to the appropriate Consulate or Embassy.

For the most part, the embassy will stamp your visa directly into the visa section of your passport. You will need a full page for the visa stamp. If you do not have any available space in your U.S. passport, you must apply for a new passport. As of January 2016, you may no longer add pages to your passport, which could lengthen the time it takes for you to obtain a visa.

If you need an expedited U.S. passport for international travel within the next 14 days, you may also visit our expedited passport section. Otherwise, please call for specific information on processing your visa documentation.

NOTE: Notably, you must submit your passport for the visa.

Additional Questions?

Lastly, if you did not find your answer in our Passport FAQ, you may contact us by email or use the chat feature at the bottom right-hand side of the page.

Also, you may submit an additional question for this Passport FAQ section via our Passport Help Desk.

Facebook Comments