Online Passport Processing FAQs

Today you can get what you want with a click of a button. You can even apply for your passport online. This will save you a lot of money and time. However, some people don’t trust online passport applications. We know that you have a lot of questions about this service. We are going to look at frequently asked question about online passport processing.

Do I Really Need A Passport?

You need a passport if you are traveling outside the country. You will use this document to leave and enter the country. You can use a passport card if you are leaving the U.S. either by land or sea. These countries include Bermuda, Caribbean, Mexico and Canada.

What Is The Charge Of Getting A Passport?

You get your passport faster when you apply online. It will take more time if you apply through the regular process. You spend about $110 for a minor passport book and card. For an adult passport book and card, you pay about $140.

For How Long Is Passport Card Valid?

A passport is valid for ten years if it was issued to a person who is under the age of 16. An adult passport (person above the age of 16) is only valid for 5 years. After this time, your passport expires and you have to renew your passport to travel to another country. It is better to renew your passport six months before its expiry date.

What Do I Do If I Lose My Passport?

You need to report it immediately if you lose a passport and apply for another one. When you are applying for a new passport, send all of your documents and completed application. Include the required fee and you will get your passport in a few days.

I Am Traveling To Mexico Or Bermuda, Do I Need A Passport?

It is a requirement for you to have a passport card when you are traveling by air or sea. This rule was put in place in December 2006 by the U.S. State Department. Before this, people used their national ID and birth certificates, but this is not allowed anymore.

What Is The Requirement Of My Passport Photo?

This is a special photo and your passport processing will be delayed if your photo does not meet the requirements. You can have your photo taken in a post office or a place with a photo lab. This photo should be visible and 2 by 2 inches in size.

Who Requires A Passport?

Everybody should have a valid passport when traveling to a foreign country. If a child is not old enough to sign the passport, the parent can assist. A child is any person who is under the age of 15. With adult consent, a person at the age of 16 to 17 can apply for an adult passport. Only the parent or a guardian can help the child to apply for a passport and the child must be present during passport acceptance.

What Happens If I Change My Name?

You may change your name after getting married or divorced. Also you may change your name spelling and it is required for you to have a new passport. You must fill DS-82 (passport amendment application form). You have to attach your divorce license or marriage certificate as a proof of your new name.

Do I Need A Second Passport?

You need a second passport if you submit your passport for visa. You may request for a second passport to travel as your visa is being processed. You may also need a second passport if you are traveling to a warring country. The second passport is only valid for about one year.

Can I Be Denied A Passport?

You will be denied a passport application if you are on probation. Also, you will not get a passport if you have not paid above $2500 for your child support. Other reasons include: when you are in jail, summoned to appear in court and when you have an arrest warrant.

When traveling, a passport is a very important document so you should take good care of it. Remember to renew your passport in time as you will not be allowed to travel if the passport is expired.

Facebook Comments