Lost the Passport Book But Have the Passport Card

Replace Lost Passport

Replace Lost Passport

If you lost the passport book but have the passport card, you will need to apply for a lost passport book replacement. Unfortunately the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form cannot be used to replace a lost passport book, even if you still have the passport card. The U.S. Department of State requires that a lost passport card or passport book be reported as soon as possible. If you think you lost your passport book or passport card, you need to report it. The same rules apply if it was stolen.

The passport card is only good for land and sea travel. If you have lost your passport book but you have your passport card, you can still use the card to travel via land and sea. If you have lost your passport card, but you have your passport book, you can still travel any way you’d like. The passport book is good for land, sea, and air travel.

Lost or stolen passports must be reported. You cannot renew your passport if it is missing. You will need to apply for a replacement lost or replacement stolen passport. Please follow the checklist for replacing your lost or stolen passport.

If you have any questions about the passport process, please feel free to contact us via the chat form on the lower right hand side of the screen. Or you can call us, email us, or even do a search on the search bar of our site. We are here to help you with all of your passport and visa questions. Don’t let a bad situation get you confused. If you lost the Passport Book but have the Passport Card, we can help you make sure you’re on track to make your dream travels come true.

Apply Now

Start here to get your lost passport book or card replaced

Facebook Comments