Read about the topic, “Lost Passport Book But Have Passport Card” below.

Lost Passport Book But Have Passport Card
Lost Passport Book But Have Passport Card

If have a lost passport book but have a passport card, you must apply for a replacement for your lost passport book.

Unfortunately, you cannot use the U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals (Form DS-82) to replace a lost passport book, even if you still have the passport card.

Report Your Lost Passport Book or Passport Card

Importantly, the U.S. Department of State requires you to report a lost passport card or book as soon as possible. If you think you lost your passport book or passport card, you’ll need to report it. The same rules apply if it was stolen.

More on Lost Passport Cards & Passport Books

  • The passport card is only good for land and sea travel. If you have lost your passport book but you have a passport card, you can still use the passport card to travel via land and sea.
  • If you have lost your passport card, but you have your passport book, you can still travel any way you would like. The passport book is good for travel by land, sea, and air.

You must report lost or stolen passports. You cannot renew your passport if it is missing. You may apply for a replacement passport.

Please follow the checklist for replacing your lost or stolen passport.

Need Additional Help?

Don’t let a bad situation confuse you. If you lost passport book but have passport card, PassportsOnline.ORG can help you make sure you’re on track to make your dream travel plans come true.

If you have any specific questions about the passport application process, feel free to contact us via the chat form at the lower right-hand side of the page.

Also, you may call or email us for all of your passport and visa questions.

Apply Now

Start here to replace your lost passport book or card

Facebook Comments