Travel insurance is important when you are traveling to another country. Since you are going to a foreign country, you have no idea what awaits you there. Travel insurance will cover you in case something happens during your trip. You may fall, get sick and /or lose your property during a trip. It will be expensive and complicated for you if you don’t have travel insurance.
Medical emergencies and evacuation
The climate in a foreign country may affect you and may cause you to be ill during the trip. You already have a medical insurance at home but this will not cover you if you get sick outside the country. Medical bills in another country may be very expensive and travel insurance will assist you to clear the bill. You may get injured during mountain climbing or get sick but having a travel insurance will lessen the pain and the burden.
Sometimes unexpected things happen and you have to cancel your trip at the last minute. You have already paid for your trip but some of the money cannot be refunded and this money will be lost if you don’t have a travel insurance.
This insurance will cover the amount of money that you have spent on this trip that is non-refundable. Travel insurance covers different reasons why you should cancel your trip. You should read and understand under which conditions you can be refunded. Some policies allows you to cancel your trip for any reason at all.
Loss of your luggage
When you are traveling, you carry electronic equipment to take pictures and for entertainment. You may lose your camera in a bus when traveling or lose it in the hotel. You may lose your entire luggage which has your laptop, camera, clothes, money and important documents. Travel insurance will compensate you if you lose these properties. Losing your property in a foreign country can frustrate you and leave you stranded.
This insurance covers legal expenses and liability if something happens when you are traveling. However, this may not cover if you are involved in a car accident and destroy the car so you should read the coverage of the insurance.
When you have to return home early
This insurance only covers you when you are on a trip. For example, if you take a four week trip, you apply for a travel insurance and come back after two weeks, you will get a refund for the remaining two weeks.
Why You Need Travel Insurance
- A disaster can take place when you are on a vacation. Maybe you are in a hotel and you have already paid for your accommodation and a disaster occurs. The place becomes inhabitable and you are stranded. The money you have paid may be non-refundable, but with travel insurance you will be compensated.
- Sometimes you are traveling and you are lost in a foreign country. You may find yourself in a situation where you need a translator. Who are you going to call in this situation? Travel insurance will provide you with customer care service that will help you in this situation.
- You are on a trip and you receive a call that you child has fallen ill and you need to see her immediately. You have already paid for four weeks trip but you have to cut your trip short. Who is going to pay your money back which is non-refundable? When you have to cancel your trip, travel insurance will reimburse you.
- Losing your passport will mess you up. Who do you call when you are stranded without money or passport? Travel insurance will help you in this situation.
- You may fall ill during a trip and travel medical insurance will cover your medical bills.
A lot of people don’t take this type of insurance seriously. However, before you embark on a journey, ensure that you have travel insurance to have peace of mind.