Continued bad weather has forced the Houston Passport Agency closed for today, Tuesday, May 26th. Please check back tomorrow to see if they have opened. The Houston Passport Agency provides passport processing for routine and expedited passports. Unfortunately this closure will impact passport processing times as the Houston Passport Agency processes a large volume of passport applications. Please make sure you plan accordingly.
The Houston Passport Agency
George Thomas “Mickey” Leland Federal Building
1919 Smith Street, 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
(Use the entrance located on 1919 Louisiana St)
U.S. Department of State
Houston Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1080
Sterling, VA 20166-1080
8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 4th floor.
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
From the U.S. Department of State