Read below to learn how to obtain a felony passport.
felony passport

Can I get a passport with a felony conviction?

Yes. You can still get a new US passport if the state convicted you of a felony. However, there are reasons why the U.S. Department of State will deny a passport application. If you are currently on probation, or you owe child support payments, do not apply for a passport just yet.

  • Once your probation or parole ends, you’re eligible to apply for a passport.
  • Once you no longer owe child support payments, you will be eligible to apply for a passport.

Contact the department that handles issues with owed child support in your state to find out your eligibility for a passport. If you are in arrears for owed child support, you will not be eligible for a passport until you clear it up.

If the state convicted you of international drug trafficking or international arms trafficking, the U.S. Department of State may deny your passport. It reviews these cases on an individual basis, and either approves or denies them.

NOTE: If you still have felony passport questions, please visit a Regional Passport Agency in person.

Felony Passport

Many people ask questions about felony passport options. A felony conviction is a majorly frustrating setback, but it doesn’t have to be a major life setback.

There are some reasons why a felony conviction could hurt your passport application. Accordingly, the U.S. State Department will review each passport application on a case-by-case basis, including felony passport requests. The good news is having a felony conviction does not necessarily mean you cannot get a passport. You can still travel the world and enjoy international culture, as there are felony passport options for you.

Passports in Two Weeks or Less

fastportIf you need your passport fast, you may apply through a Passport Expeditor. A passport expeditor can help you with all of your passport, visa, and vital document needs. Complete this online form to start the process and get a passport in 2 weeks or less, or as fast as 24 hours.

A Passport Expeditor can get you a new passportpassport renewal, or child passport, and replace a lost or stolen passport or damaged passport, and add passport pages.

Facebook Comments