Passports Online Expedited Fast Passport FAQ

Everything you need to know on how to get an expedited passport online The most popular questions are answered below. If you still have questions, visit our Passport FAQ partners or feel free to contact us!


contact us, passports online

Please contact our Customer Service Dept. with any questions or concerns regarding the expediting of your passport.

Please contact our Customer Service Dept. with any questions or concerns regarding the expediting of your passport.

How does your service work?
We have teamed up with the leading Passport expediting company Fastport Passport. You tell us what service you need. If you don’t know which service you need, please use our Passport Flow Chart to find out if you qualify for our services. We will then send you a checklist that has links to the forms you must complete. You gather the necessary documents and forms according to the checklist and then you send that all to us. We get the passport made for you right away, faster than any other service. We then send your new passport to you immediately, as fast as 24 hours.

What is an Acceptance Agent?
Acceptance Agents are required for new passports and child passports. You can think of them as a government authorized notary. They verify the applicant’s identity and witness the signing of the necessary forms. Click here to find an acceptance agent near you.

Can you help me find the forms I need?
We understand that the passport application process can be overwhelming, complex, and confusing. We are here to help you through this process. Click here for a link to the passport forms. Feel free to call us at 877-910-7277 for assistance on any forms. You can also use the chat feature on the site.

When do I need a U.S. Passport?
Passports are required any time you leave or enter the country. If you are traveling by land to Canada or Mexico, you can use a passport card.

What is a Passport Card?
A passport card is a wallet-size travel plastic document similar to a drivers license. It can be used to travel from the United States to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land and sea but not air. They are very convenient for those who travel to those destinations listed above.

What is a Letter of Authorization?
This is a document that allows us to hand in your application on your behalf. It is required when using our expedited services.

How many years is my passport valid?
An adult passport is valid for 10 years. If you were under 16 when it was issued, then it is a child passport (minor passport), which is only valid for 5 years.

fastportHow can you get a passport and visa so fast?
As a registered courier service with the U.S. Department of State, we have special access to Passport Agencies. With this access, we can be seen daily by the Passport Agency without any appointments, unlike the general public. We have a similar standing with Embassies and Consulates, so we can get visas quickly too.

How can I know this is not a scam?
Fastport Passport is registered with the U.S. Department of State. We have been securing U.S. Passports for American travelers for over a decade. You can also view our reviews on Yelp and visit us on Facebook. If you need your passport or visa in less than 4-6 weeks, then we are the service to help you get your passport fast.

Is your website and order form secure?
Fastport Passport uses the highest level of security protocols. Our order form site has the GeoTrust SSL certificate to securely transmit your order information with a 248-bit encryption. This is the highest level of encryption in the industry. FastPort Passport also uses McAfee Security, which checks the website daily for any vulnerability.

Is there a guarantee in your processing time?
The only thing we can guarantee is that we will process your application correctly. We are not responsible for delays caused by couriers such as FedEx and we are not responsible for delays caused by the Passport Agency. The Passport Agency has many rules and regulations and on occasion will require extra information from our clients. We will help you through that process if necessary and we will not leave you alone to handle it yourself. We have an excellent track record processing passports and visas on time, so no one misses their trip.

Why do you charge a fee?
We are authorized by the US Dept. of State to secure your passport immediately. Our fee is to expedite your passport application, rather than waiting the 4-6 weeks through the Post Office. We handle the process entirely and will have your passport and/or visa back to you in hours rather than weeks with the traditional route.

Can someone actually get a second passport and why?
Some frequent travelers need a second duplicate passport if they have travel plans but also need to submit their passport for visa processing. A second duplicate passport is available for travelers in this unique situation. Another reason a traveler may need a second duplicate passport is if they travel between countries engaged in conflict or war. A second duplicate passport is usually only valid for a year or two at most.

Can I skip the Acceptance Agent step?
The Acceptance Agent is a required step for new passports or child passports. They ensure that the applicant is valid and the paperwork is correct. They seal the envelope. This cannot be opened or tampered. It must go directly to us for processing to the State Department

What are some reasons that I might not be able to get a Passport?

Passports can be denied for a few reasons. Visit our Passport Denial Page for more information. Most commonly passports are denied if:

You completed an application form incorrectly.
You are on probation.
You owe more than $1500 in child support payments.
You are wanted on an arrest warrant.
You are currently summoned to appear in court.
You are currently in jail.

Please see our Felony Passport Page for more info.


How can I get a passport for my child or minor?
Both parents/ guardians will need to complete the Statement of Consent and complete the necessary paperwork. Once the paperwork is complete, the parents/ guardians and the minor/ child will need to be seen by an Acceptance Agent.

Do I need an official copy of my birth certificate?
Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) in order to process your passport. Your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. You can also order an Express Birth Certificate. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate:

What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?
You will have to fill out a DS-64, indicating that your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent. You can also review this page here: Lost or Stolen Passport

Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?
Yes. As of December 31, 2007 the U.S. State Department requires every U.S. citizen to possess a valid passport to travel by air,  sea, or land to Mexico and Canada. Birth certificates and a form of identification will no longer be allowed. You can use a passport card for land travel to Canada and Mexico.

How are passport photos different from regular photos?
The U.S. State Dept requirements for passport photos are strict. It is best to have official passport photos taken. You can also refer to our Passport Photo Page.

How old must you be to have a passport?
All U.S. citizens (including infants) traveling internationally must possess their own valid passport. Please review our Child Passport Page and our Adult Passport Page.

How do I process my Name Change?
If your passport is less than one year old, you can submit a name change. Otherwise, you will need to submit a Passport Renewal Application. Be sure to have an official copy of your marriage or divorce license with you. If you can not find an official copy, click here

What is the Visa process?
Visas are processed and issued by Embassies and Consulates. Fastport Passport will submit the necessary documentation on your behalf to the appropriate Consulate or Embassy. Please call our office for specific information on processing your visa documentation. You will need to submit your passport for the visa. In most cases your visa is stamped directly into your passport in the visa section of your passport. You will need a full page for the visa stamp. If you do not have available space in your passport, you will need to apply for a new passport. As of January 2016 you can no longer add pages to your passport. This could lengthen the time it takes to obtain a visa.

If you are in need of an expedited passport and you are traveling international within the next 14 days please look at our expedited passport section.

Facebook Comments