Fast Passport Name Change Service | Fast Name Change Passport Service –

Name Change Passport Service

Fast Name Change Passport Overview

Has your name changed due to marriage, divorce, or court declaration? If so, you will need to change your name on your passport too! The name change passport service is available for all U.S. passport holders. However, the application process depends on certain factors. If your passport is less than one-year-old, you can apply for a ‘name change’ to your passport at no additional cost unless you wish to expedite it. If your passport is more than one-year-old, you must apply for a passport renewal and pay applicable fees. Also, the passport must be undamaged. There are a few different ways to secure your passport name change quickly, and each has its pros and cons. We will explore each of the options here so you can make an informed decision on expediting your passport in time for your trip. You can expedite through the post office, a private service, or through a regional agency. Additional fees will apply for expedited service ($60 on top of the routine fees of $110 if a renewal is needed).

Expedite Name Change through Post Office

The first way we will discuss is the slowest ‘expedited’ option. You can expedite the Name Change Passport Service through the Post Office. This method takes 2-3 weeks but it is not guaranteed. You can visit your local acceptance agent or the U.S. State Department’s website for more information. To find your local passport acceptance agent that can expedite a fast name change to your passport, please click here.

Registered Passport Courier Service

Another option is to apply for an expedited fast passport name change through a U.S. State Department-registered service. This process takes two weeks or less, even as quick as 24 hours if necessary. There are many Expedited Passport Services. You should make sure you read the reviews of each company to determine which one is best for you. Reputation goes a long way with Registered Passport Courier Services. Additional fees will apply.

Regional Passport Agency

Lastly, you can also make an appointment directly through a Regional Passport Agency if you are near a major city with an office. The Regional Passport Agency often requires an appointment so you will need to call ahead first. The main issue is that you must live in or near a major U.S. city with a Regional Passport Agency and you often need to get an appointment. Many travelers find the appointment process difficult to manage. Additionally, you must have confirmed travel plans in the next 5 days. However if there are no available appointments, then you may have to travel to another Agency. Regional Passport Agencies are only located in select major cities. If you are able to find a location that has walk-in hours, be sure to show up early as the lines can be long.

Facebook Comments