Child/Minor Passport

Child Passport

Child Passport

A child’s passport is required for every minor under the age of 16.

A child’s passport is only valid for 5 years.

You will need to apply for a new child passport if the child passport has expired.

What You Need to Apply for Minor Passport Service

  1. A completed DS-11 form
  2. Two 2”x2” passport photos
  3. Evidence of child’s U.S. citizenship
  4. Evidence of relationship between child and parent(s)/guardian(s)
  5. Parent(s) or guardian(s) identification and photocopy of identification
  6. Provide parental consent
  7. Pay applicable fee

Parental Consent

Parental consent is required in order to get Minor Passport Service. Both parents or guardians must appear in person at the Acceptance Agent, along with the minor. If one parent or guardian is unable to appear in person, then they must give notarized consent. This is done on the Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent. If the non-applying parent is not available, you can submit the Form DS-5525: Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances. You must also have the birth certificate. If you do not have it and you need it fast, we recommend using an Express Birth Certificate Service.

If the minor only has one parent or guardian, you MUST submit evidence of sole authority.

  • U.S. or foreign birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or adoption decree, listing only the applying parent
  • Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent
  • Court order  permitting applying parent’s travel with the child
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
  • Death certificate of the non-applying parent

There are two ways to get a child passport.

Option 1: Traditional Minor Passport Service through the Post Office. This method takes 4-6 weeks. You can visit the U.S. State Department’s website for more information.

Option 2:   Apply for an expedited child passport through a U.S. State Department-registered service. This process takes two weeks or less. As quick as 24 hours, guaranteed. For more information, please visit our page with more information on Expedited Passport Services. You can also make an appointment directly through a Regional Passport Agency if you are near a major city with an office.

If you have travel plans, then you’ll need the child passport fast. The child passport application process is more complicated than the adult passport. In the simple process described below, you can have your new child passport in your hand.

Passport Photo Creator mobile app download

Expedite Child Passport

How it works:

You gather necessary documents.
Then visit Acceptance Agent.
Acceptance Agent verifies paperwork and signatures.
Acceptance Agent puts everything in an envelope and seals it.
Send in the sealed envelope to the U.S. Department of State.
Your passport will be processed in the time you have chosen.
You go travel!

Facebook Comments